Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents Typescript diary written by Cadet George Scott, "The Strike, as it Actually Happened". Details the events of October 18-19, 1927. The cadets staged a walkout or "mutiny" to protest the dismissal of a classmate. Several mentions of the Honor Court role in event. As a result, Superintendent William Cocke sent a telegram to the parents of all cadets, stating "Your son and other cadets are taking part in a rebellion against authorities. Advise you to wire him to submit to authorities...
Identifier: RG-02-Subject Files-Administrative
Scope and Contents Historically significant subject files spanning the administrations of multiple Superintendents. These topical files cover various historical eras; topics include areas such as planning, programs, and events.
Identifier: RG-02-Subject Files-Board of Visitors
Scope and Contents These records consist of one chronological file, 1909-1953, primarily containing Superintendent's working reports and memoranda to the Board of Visitors; some annotations. In addition, there are Superintendent's copies of BOV meeting packets for Gen. Shell and Irby; some with annotations.
Scope and Contents Correspondence, memoranda and other records from the administration of William H. Cocke.
- Names: Cocke, William H. (William Horner), 1874-1938 X
- 1 Diaries
- 1 Honor Court
- 2 Virginia Military Institute -- Administration
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Board of Visitors
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1894
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1930
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- History -- 20th century
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Rats and Ratline