Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 69
Scope and Contents Paper of Albert D. Davis, including diary, scrapbooks, and miscellaneous correspondence and certificates. The diary (1930-1934, 2 volumes), correspondence (1930, 6 items), and one scrapbook (1930-1935) date from his VMI cadetship; the scrapbook includes photographs, dance programs, and other VMI mementos. Three other scrapbooks date from his tour of duty in Korea, 1951-1952, and contain clippings, military documents, and photographs. Some items date from when he was assigned to...
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Andrew Hannah. Includes photographs depicting cadet life; programs, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (1925-1929) compiled by VMI Cadet Bennet A. Meyers, Class of 1929. Includes photographs, autographs of cadets, memorabilia (dance programs, printed material)
Scope and Contents Photographs, playbills, clippings, correspondence and other items documenting the stage and film versions of "Brother Rat".
Contents Note Letters (34 items) of Marine Corps Lieutenant C. Barrett Graham (VMI Class of 1967). The letters were written to his parents and other family members, primarily during his tour of duty in Vietnam, 1968-1969. Graham served as a rifle platoon commander based at An Hoa (F Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines) and subsequently was stationed at supply headquarters in Da Nang. Topics include patrols, general descriptions of countryside and villagers, destroying North Vietnamese food supplies....
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Clement M. Moss (born 1902, died 1970), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1919-1921. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Francis E. Beeton, VMI Class of 1912. Contents include photographs taken in 1909 during his VMI cadetship; misc. clippings from the 1940's and 1950's tracing the career of Gen. George C. Marshall and other notable VMI alumni.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (5 pages, probably fragment) compiled by Cadet Francis R. Torrington, VMI Class of 1940. Includes VMI memorabilia and snapshots.
Scope and Contents Documents and photographs held by the Gaillard brothers. The material pertaining to Charles Gaillard includes a letter written while at ROTC training at Plattsburg Barracks. Material relating to COL Fred Gaillard includes his cadet photograph album; and ca. 12 original photographs dating from his service as commanding officer of the 377th infantry Regiment and related WWII documents.
Scope and Contents The Fred F. Finklehoffe collection contains the manuscript of an early version of the play "Brother Rat" ("When the Roll is Called"), which was submitted to VMI Professor of English Raymond E. Dixon by Finklehoffe and John Monks, Jr. The collection also includes screenplays, clippings, and scrapbooks from Mr. Finklehoffe's cadetship and career.
- Subject: Photographs X
- 1 Albert, Eddie
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Cochran, William B. (William Burr)
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Davis, John K. (John Kennerly), 1906-1975
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Edgar, C. Ernest, III, MG (Charles Ernest)
- 1 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 2 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Gilham, Cordelia Hayden
- 1 Gilham, William, 1818-1872
- 1 Graham, C. Barrett (Charles Barrett)
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947
- 1 Historic American Buildings Survey
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Keith, James, 1911-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Pendleton, Randolph T. (Randolph Tucker), 1889-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Reagan, Ronald
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Rockenbach, Samuel D. (Samuel Dickerson), 1869-1952
- 1 Rosenberger Family
- 1 Rosenberger, George W., 1823-1902
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 1 Smigrod, Claudia
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Summerall, Charles Pelot, 1867-1955
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 VMI Research Laboratories, Inc.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of English, Rhetoric, and Humanistic Studies
- 2 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wade, Thomas M. (Thomas Morrell), 1842-1928
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 Wyman, Jane, 1914-
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less