Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents
Professional / faculty office files of History Professor George M. Brooke Jr., consisting of memos, correspondence and printed material.Topics include: Speakers, Asian Studies Consortium, VMI Planning Board, Admissions, Advisees, departmental consultants, graduate program (results of a committee on whether or not VMI should establish a graduate program), Bicentennial, Virginia Social Sciences Association, Library Committee, Exam Committee, Visiting Scholars Committee.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Dillard's office files, including correspondence, syllabi, and other records relating to his teaching career.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of his diaries for the period 1909-1936; 1 volume of lecture notes (1933-1935) used for a history course at VMI; and a photograph album (1917-1927) containing images of cadet life, VMI buildings, and family members.
Scope and Contents Papers relating to the teaching career of Thomas Y. Greet, Department of English, 1964-1988.
Scope and Contents Records relating to the history of the Electrical Engineering Department, dating from Jamison's service as faculty member and department head.
Scope and Contents The Jennings C. Wise Papers consist primarily of incoming and outgoing correspondence from the period 1910-1960. Included are letters dating from his years as Professor and Commandant of Cadets at VMI, from his practice of law, and from his retirement period in which he devoted himself primarily to writing. Wise was passionately interested in the history and future development of VMI and much of the correspondence reflects his ongoing involvement with the school. He often held controversial...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photograph albums, diplomas, and miscellaneous papers documenting the life of John Edward Townes. The photos depict both his VMI cadetship and his subsequent career in the U. S. Army Coast Artillery Corps (1908-1920) and at VMI as a faculty member (1921-1956). During World War I he served in France with the American Expeditionary Force (AEF).
Scope and Contents Papers of Lloyd J. Davidson, consisting of miscellaneous personal correspondence; examination questions and assignment sheets for his English classes at the Virginia Military Institute; copies of speeches presented to the Lexington (Virginia) Fortnightly Club; biographical information.
Scope and Contents Manuscript containing professional notes relating to Civil Engineering.
Scope and Contents Personal papers of VMI Professor Samuel M. Millner, Jr. The papers include correspondence with his wife Esther Ayres Millner and with classmates; diaries; photographs; miscellaneous documents.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Faculty -- Papers X
- 1 Anderson, Stewart W. (Stewart Wise), 1886-1970
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Brooke, George M., Jr.
- 1 Davidson, Lloyd J., 1911-1990
- 1 Dillard, Herbert N., Jr.
- 1 Ezekiel, Moses Jacob, 1844-1917
- 1 Greet, Thomas Y.
- 1 Jamison, John S., Jr.
- 1 Kilbourne, Charles E. (Charles Evans), 1872-1963
- 1 Marr, Robert A.
- 1 Millner, Esther A., 1894-1979
- 1 Millner, Samuel M. (Samuel Morehead), 1891-1985
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 3 Virginia Military Institute. Department of English, Rhetoric, and Humanistic Studies
- 3 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968 ∧ less