Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (1925-1929) compiled by VMI Cadet Bennet A. Meyers, Class of 1929. Includes photographs, autographs of cadets, memorabilia (dance programs, printed material)
Scope and Contents Keepsake albums, popular in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Five items, including autograph album compiled by VMI New Market Cadet Edward Harvie Smith, Jr. It contains signed inscriptions by 19 fellow New Market Cadets. Other items: Farmer D. Cochran (Class of 1889); Thomas G. Tate (Class of 1877); 1874 Class members (original owner unknown); Class of 1902 autograph page.
Identifier: RG-08-Cadet Life
Scope and Contents This record group comprises material relating to cadet social life anc customs, cadet recreational organizations and clubs, misc. cadet life memorabilia and printed material.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Clement M. Moss (born 1902, died 1970), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1919-1921. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents One original charcoal sketch (ca. 1908) by Frank A. Fickes, published in the 1911 VMI yearbook. The sketch features a skull, snakes, and ghost, symbols of "TKL" a cadet secret society.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Gordon Hammond, VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers, 1929-1935, of VMI alumnus Henry M. Stewart, Jr., Class of 1935. The collection includes memorabilia from Stewart's high school years at the Staunton Military Academy and his cadetship at VMI. The VMI material includes a scrapbook, dance and athletic programs, drawings, photographs, information about the Class of 1935 ring design, and other mementos of Stewart's cadetship.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1922-1926, compiled by Cadet James N. Bell, Class of 1926. Includes photographs of cadet life, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings (documenting athletic and other events) and memorabilia such as dance programs.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1917-1921, compiled by Cadet John B. Payne, Class of 1921. Includes photographs of cadet life, athletics, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings, and memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Leopold M. von Schilling, Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1926, covering the period 1922-1925. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Social life and customs X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Cochran, Farmer D.
- 1 Coxe, Simeon O., 1910-1999
- 1 Fickes, Frank A. (Frank Akin), 1888-1952
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smith, Edward H. (Edward Harvie), 1845-1912
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Tate, Thomas G.
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less