Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 47
Scope and Contents The papers consist primarily of documents and photographs dating from Kibler's World War II service with the 12th Army Group, European Theater. Included are memoranda to and from Kibler and other senior officers (1943-1945); HQ 12th Army Group Commanding General's briefings (1944-1945); reports, including "Reports of the General Board, United States Forces, European Theater" (G-3 Section); photographs, and organizational charts.
Scope and Contents Certificate awarding the Purple Heart to Allen R. Potts, VMI Class of 1943. The citation is for wounds received in combat during World War II at Palau, Western Carolines, on 4 October 1944.
Scope and Contents Papers relating to C. Clement Richardson's service in the U. S. Navy during World War II primarily at Quoddy Village, Maine, which was a Navy Sea Bee base named Camp Lee-Stephenson during World War II. Includes documents concerning his service record; some material about operations at the Camp; photographs taken taken at the Camp and in the vicinity.
Collection — Box: MS0535
Scope and Contents The collection consists of completed military service survey forms. The survey bears the title "Military Service Biography Summary, Brother Rat, Class of '33". Information includes dates of active duty, duty assignments, and "interesting assignments and experiences"
Scope and Contents Scrapbook presented to the Virginia Military Institute by the students of the College of Avranches (France)" as a token of their gratitude to General Patton, the Liberator of Avranches." Contains drawings, photographs, postcards and maps detailing the history of the town from its founding through the end of World War II.
Scope and Contents Professional and personal papers, primarily consisting of scrapbooks, photographs, and certificates. Includes two scrapbooks dating from his U. S. Army career. The first covers 1943-1946, including information about the 10th Mountain Division in Italy. The second covers his assignment at Nuremberg Military Post, Germany, 1948-1950. The scrapbooks contain documents and photographs.The collection also includes personal scrapbook and albums, ca. 1947; certificates and...
Scope and Contents Documents and photographs held by the Gaillard brothers. The material pertaining to Charles Gaillard includes a letter written while at ROTC training at Plattsburg Barracks. Material relating to COL Fred Gaillard includes his cadet photograph album; and ca. 12 original photographs dating from his service as commanding officer of the 377th infantry Regiment and related WWII documents.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Frederick M. Moyer, containing clippings, photographs, letters and other mementos, most concerning his VMI wrestling career.
Scope and Contents Interview with BG William T. Clement by war correspondence Larry Tighe, produced for radio news broadcast distribution. The transmission originated from a ship off the coast of Japan, and concerns the activities of the 6th Marine Division, 4th Marines, during the early days of the occupation of Japan following the surrender.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous World War II papers documenting the army service of George J. Tompkins, Jr. Included are Gen. Eisenhower's letter to the troops about to participate in the D-Day invasion, June 1944, and a similar item from President Roosevelt. Tompkins is a member of the VMI Class of 1944.
- Subject: World War (1939-1945) X
- 1 Adams, Gordon B.
- 1 Addison, William M. (William Marlborough), 1898-1986
- 1 Anderson, James A., Jr.
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Ayres, Henry Fairfax, 1886-1979
- 1 Bostwick, William C.
- 1 Boyer, Donald P., Jr.
- 1 Brand, William F., Jr.
- 1 Brownley, Claud P., III
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Carr, Douglas W.
- 1 Charrington, A. M. Randolph, Jr. (Arthur M. R.)
- 1 Chewning, Charles C.
- 1 Clark, Harold P. (Harold Page), 1921-
- 1 Clement, William T., General
- 1 Conner, Albert Z., 1943-
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Cranford, James R.
- 1 Culpepper, Fred C., Jr.
- 1 Davis, John K. (John Kennerly), 1906-1975
- 1 Deaderick, Robert H.
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 2 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Esser, Jefferson Randolph Cary
- 1 Fosque, George P.
- 1 Foust, Glenn T. (Jim), Jr.
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Gatling, Norborne P., Jr.
- 1 George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Grant, Joseph H., Jr.
- 1 Gray, Thomas W.
- 1 Hubbard, Mont, Jr., 1910-1968
- 1 Hunter, Charles M.
- 1 Ingles, John S.
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Johnson, J. Pegram, Jr.
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 2 Kilbourne, Charles E. (Charles Evans), 1872-1963
- 1 Knapp, Jasper W., Jr.
- 1 Letcher, John S.
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 Manning, Robert J.
- 1 McClure, William G., Jr.
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Morrison, James L., Jr. (James Lunsford)
- 1 Moss, James B., Jr., 1924-1998
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Niess, Richard C. (Richard Charles), 1923-
- 1 Nunn, Arthur B., Jr.
- 2 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Patton, John M., 1921-
- 1 Pendleton, Randolph T. (Randolph Tucker), 1889-1973
- 1 Pettit, Overton B.
- 1 Phillips, H. Franklin, 1921-
- 1 Potts, Allen R.
- 1 Ransone, Toler E.
- 1 Rice, Pete, Jr.
- 1 Richardson, Charles C. (Charles Clement)
- 1 Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sheffield, John W.
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 2 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smiley, John W.
- 1 Smith, Millard G., Jr.
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, Sydney S., Jr.
- 1 Sun, Li Jen, ?-1990
- 1 Tighe, Larry
- 2 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 2 Tompkins, George J., Jr.
- 1 Traver, Richard E.
- 1 Trice, Ezra B.
- 1 Tucker, John R., Jr.
- 1 Upshur, William P. (William Peterkin), 1881-1943
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Adams Center for Military History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Superintendent.
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wentz, Robert W.
- 1 Whitmore, Stanley E.
- 1 Wilhelm, Walter L. R., Jr. ∧ less