Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Barracks

 Subject
Subject Source: Fast (Faceted Application Of Subject Terminology)

Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:

Barracks addition and subsequent improvements, 1948 - 1964

 File
Identifier: 211 47.1-47.19
Scope and Contents Plans for the 1948 major addition to Barracks; subsequent smaller improvements through 1964

Barracks History [dvd], 2008

 Item — Box 04, Media Case/Sleeve: 243
Identifier: DVD243
Scope and Contents Video created to coincide with the dedication of Third Barracks, November 2008. It includes use of historical images from the VMI Archives along with film footage from 2008. Keith Gibson, VMI Museum director, provides some commentary.

James J. Phillips Collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0497
Scope and Contents Documents. VMI Diploma (1853); VMI Society of Cadets Certificate (1853); drawing of VMI Barracks (circa 1852-1853); Confederate Army Commission (1863); Certificate, Pickett Buchanan Camp, Confederate Veterans (1890)

Thomas W. Keitt drawing

 Item
Identifier: MS-0056-Oversized
Scope and Contents Watercolor drawing (12 x 16 in.) of Washington Arch facade of Barracks by Cadet Keitt, dated May 15, 1876. Details include clock; Virginia and U.S. flags flying from towers.